The power of a team knows no bounds. At Ricci Middle School, we use the “house system,” a method that boosts camaraderie and close-knit relationships between students, their peers, and educators. We have several “teams” at Ricci, that ensure all students feel included, supported, and a part of something larger than themselves.
6th grade team: SILVER TEAM
7/8th grade team: RED TEAM
7th grade team: BLUE TEAM
8th grade team: WHITE TEAM
Unified Arts and Support Staff
|World Languages||Rachel Barrer|
|Ann Marie Ferrante|
Goal: To Improve Student Achievement in all Areas
- To continue the use of a schoolwide “Thinking Maps” program to increase our students’ ability to organize and communicate their thinking across disciplines. Teachers and students will complete a twelve-week rollout plan starting each September.
- Students and teachers will utilize Chromebooks on a daily basis in blended learning classrooms to increase student achievement through rigorous content specific lessons and activities.
- Students and teachers will use “Renaissance Accelerated Reader” and “Accelerated Math” to improve math and literacy skills across grade levels.
- Teachers will utilize content planning periods to analyze formative and summative assessment data in order to improve teaching and learning.
- To continue to implement our HOPS (Homework, Organization & Planning Skills) program to increase our students’ planning and organizational skills.
Goal: Ongoing Professional Development for Staff
- To provide professional development on blended/personalized learning and technology integration
- To provide professional development on “Thinking Maps.”
- To provide professional development on “Renaissance Accelerated Reader” and “Accelerated Mathematics.”
Goal: Forge Partnerships with Parents & Community
Communicate and partner with parents and other members of the community to prepare our students to be responsible and engaged citizens.
- Hold monthly parent council meetings
- Develop a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization)
- Foster relationships with local businesses that specialize in areas that would benefit our mechatronics program
Middle school Student Handbook 19.20
51 Intervale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
p: 401.233.1170 f: 401.232.5421
Thomas J. Mellen
Copyright 2019 North Providence School Department