Welcome to Ricci Middle School!
Here, we take students and well-rounded education seriously. That means we’re on top of the most efficient learning standards, teach our students real-world, applicable lessons that matter, and offer an atmosphere where students feel empowered, important, and independent. That independence, paired with the camaraderie students feel toward their fellow peers and all school faculty members, makes our school a home. At Ricci, students are the directors of their future. We provide them academic tools and a strong foundation for a love of lifelong learning.
Our compassionate and energetic staff members work day in and day out to make each student’s experience at Ricci a rewarding, fulfilling, and invigorating time in their lives where academic and personal growth are imperative to their success. The gains children make across the board are attributed to our hardworking staff that treats each student with dignity and respect, and challenges them to be their best selves in and outside the classroom.
When you’re a member of the Ricci Middle School community, you’re another member of the family. We’re glad you’re here.
Principal Thomas Mellen
The Dr. Edward A. Ricci Middle School mission
The mission of Dr. Edward A. Ricci Middle School is to create a safe, nurturing, and academically challenging community that addresses the unique emotional and social needs of its students while developing responsible, well-rounded individuals who use creative, critical thinking, and problem solving skills for lifelong success in today’s diverse society.
CHROMEBOOK PICKUP 1
Click here to see this month's lunch menu.
Flu Clinics October 30th and November 7thFlu Clinics BelowTuesday, October 30 4-7pmThursday, November 15 4-7pmPlease see attached flyer and consent forms Files:SLV Flu Consent Form 2018 - English (1).pdfSLV Flu Consent Form 2018 - Spanish (1).pdfNorth...
Summer is a great time for kids to enjoy different indoor and outdoor activities. Whether they are young children or teens, learn ways to keep your kids safe and healthy while they enjoy the summer fun with these tips from the CDC.Master water...
The latest data show that the national childhood obesity rate among 2- to 19-year-olds is 18.5 percent. The rate varies among different age groups, with rates rising along with age. While overall obesity rates remain higher than they were a generation ago,...
Goal: To Improve Student Achievement in all Areas
- To continue the use of a schoolwide “Thinking Maps” program to increase our students’ ability to organize and communicate their thinking across disciplines. Teachers and students will complete a twelve-week rollout plan starting each September.
- Students and teachers will utilize Chromebooks on a daily basis in blended learning classrooms to increase student achievement through rigorous content specific lessons and activities.
- Students and teachers will use “Renaissance Accelerated Reader” and “Accelerated Math” to improve math and literacy skills across grade levels.
- Teachers will utilize content planning periods to analyze formative and summative assessment data in order to improve teaching and learning.
- To continue to implement our HOPS (Homework, Organization & Planning Skills) program to increase our students’ planning and organizational skills.
Goal: Ongoing Professional Development for Staff
- To provide professional development on blended/personalized learning and technology integration
- To provide professional development on “Thinking Maps.”
- To provide professional development on “Renaissance Accelerated Reader” and “Accelerated Mathematics.”
Goal: Forge Partnerships with Parents & Community
Communicate and partner with parents and other members of the community to prepare our students to be responsible and engaged citizens.
- Hold monthly parent council meetings
- Develop a PTO (Parent Teacher Organization)
- Foster relationships with local businesses that specialize in areas that would benefit our mechatronics program